I have something to share with you.
I am always on Pinterest looking for new recipes to add to the rotation. And I found a couple great lemon chicken recipes and then altered them a bit to make it my own! And it is now one of my favorite recipes. The whole family likes it and it is so easy I can make it when I get home from work even after picking up my daughter. Pasta, chicken and yes, my favorite, lemon sauce. If you like lemon, this may become your new favorite too!
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts pounded super thin
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- All-purpose flour(to coat the chicken)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 whole Lemons for sauce, 1 lemon for garnish
- ¾ Cup whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- Garlic Powder
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Angel Hair or Spaghetti Pasta
How to Make it:
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet* over medium high heat.
- Season the flour with garlic powder, salt and pepper, dip the chicken to coat and shake off the excess.
- Cook the chicken (flip halfway) until it is fully cooked and there is no pink. Remove from the skillet and set aside on a plate(reserve the juices).
- Turn the heat to medium low. Cut 2 lemons in half and add juice from both lemons, broth, garlic and whipping cream. Bring the sauce to a boil and return to medium low heat. Add salt and pepper if needed. Allow the sauce to cook for a few minutes.
- Plate the pasta, spoon some of the sauce over the pasta, gently put the chicken back in the sauce coating both sides and serve over the pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices.
*The Rachel Ray pan is perfect for this dish!